Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship 2023
Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship has replaced the then research called ‘economic research awards’ at Economic Analysis and Research Department (EARD) at The Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB). The postdoctoral researchers have to conduct various research activities while performing consultancy services at the premises of EARD of OeNB.
The scholarship is open to postdoctoral researchers at Austrian or International institutions where they are proven to engage in widening research works and doing these at an international scale and scope. The applicants are also expected to work in an international setting of ever-increasing international research mobility. The open exchange of knowledge and experience with the staff at OeNB is the core principle of Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship.
The consultancy fee is dependent on the scope of the consultancy service which does not exceed EUR 10,000 for the entire period of the scholarship.
Summary of Scholarship
- Level of Study: Post-doctoral
- Institution(s): A Research Institution, and The Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB)
- Host Country: Austria
- Research Area: Economics and Finance
- Duration of Research: 3-6 months
- Deadline: October 31, 2022
Klaus Liebscher Economic Scholarship provides the funding in the following manners.
- The duration of the scholarship is generally 3 months. However, it may be up to 6 months.
- The consultancy fee should be determined by the consultancy service. The payment is a maximum of EUR 10,000, plus 20% VAT if these exist.
- Accommodation costs are borne by the scholarship recipients themselves. OeNB may help in finding accommodation in Vienna; however, they can not guarantee the place of residence.
Eligibility for Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship
The eligibility criteria for Klaus Liebscher Economic Research are listed below.
- a PhD title, or a completed degree with published research work on field in the scope of the scholarship programme
- Any nationality
- No age limit
- The applicant must be a natural person who is expected to apply for only one scholarship.
- The candidate is expected to have a proven track in research in the mentioned field, with documented engagement in the research community
- Must be affiliated (actively working) in a research institution at the time of application and during the period of scholarship
- Previous receivers of Klaus Liebscher Economic Research will not be granted another scholarship.
- Employees of the European Central Bank and those from other associated banks of the European System of Central Banks (ESCB) are not eligible.
How to Apply for Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship
If you are interested and eligible for Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship, you may opt for applying. Please follow these procedures to apply.
- Every year, the scholarship is announced in ONB’s website and other channels.
- Please include a letter of motivation and indication of time period for consultancy work. Generally, the consultancy work is from 2-3 months.
- A detailed consultancy proposal
- A description of ongoing research
- An academic CV
- An updated list of publication (or an extract therefrom)
- Contact details of 2 references who can be contacted by OeNB to know more about the applicant
- Evidence of basic income during the scholarship period (Mostly, employment documents from the home institution)
- Written confirmation from the home institution stating that the consultancy service to be provided by the applicant does not violate the conditions which are needed to fulfill the candidate’s employment cotract with the home institution.
- All documents should be in PDF file format.
- Please send application (along with the attachments) to email@example.com
Please visit the official pages.