Every year, Embassy of India in Nepal has been provisioning ‘Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship Scheme’ to needy and talented 10+2 level students. The awardee gets NRs 2000 each month to support her / his studies. In order to continue getting the scholarship through grade XII, student needs to pass grade XI.
To apply for the scholarship, one must be a Nepali national studying grade XI in Nepal. Additionally, s/he must have achieved at least 60 % score in the final exam of the 10th grade. On top of these, the family income must be less than 2 lakhs in a year.
Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship Scheme 2021-22
Embassy of India in Nepal has recently announced Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship Scheme 2021-22. Nepali nationals studying in Grade XI in Nepal are called for online application. The application deadline is January 06, 2022.
- Proof that a student has been studying in grade XI in a recognised school in Nepal. The proof must be attested by the concerned principal.
- Mark sheet of grade 10 (for example – SEE marksheet). You must have secured at least 60 percent score in the final exam of grade 10.
- Certificate of Nepali Citizenship. If the student has not acquired Nepali citizenship certificate, that of parents must be uploaded.
- In case of physical disability, a proof from CDO / LDO / municipality head.
- Proof of family income from CDO / LDO / municipality head. The family income should not exceed NRs. 2 lakhs per year.
- Those who are / have been receiving scholarships from other sources are not eligible to apply.
How to apply for Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship Scheme 2021-22
The official page for Embassy of India ‘Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship Scheme 2021-22’ is https://www.goischolarship.com.np/mahatmagandhi/. You must register and create a new ‘login’ for yourself. Please provide the e-mail address that you have been using and will continue to use.
Please get the necessary documents beforehand, in good time before the deadline.
While filling up the online application form, you need to provide your digital photograph as well.
Please provide your accurate and updated contact details including your address. If any change in future, you need to inform the concerned authorities in signed writing.
There is no chance of editing the form once submitted online.
- 2022 Finland Scholarship and Fees Waiver at University of Eastern Finland – UEF
- Meet Muna Chaudhary: An Erasmus Mundus Scholar from Nepal
- Melbourne Research Scholarship
- Sample Motivation Letter
- Study in Norway: Free Tuition Fees | A Practical Guide for Nepalese Students
- Mahatma Gandhi Vector Image – OpenClipart-Vectors | pixabay
- Indian Foreign Service Logo (IFS Logo) – Professionalmess | Wikimedia Commons